Amarr

drop shadow

History

The values and principles that guide Amarr today are the same as when the company was founded by Abe, Morris and Herb Brenner in 1951. Starting out as a local building supply company in Winston-Salem , North Carolina , the three brothers recognized that the market demands were shifting. They streamlined their product lines and focused on quality garage doors.

During the 1950s and 60s, Amarr’s expertise in garage doors quickly grew. The knowledge accumulated as a major local distributor and installer of garage doors allowed the company to capitalize on increasing market demand for quality products by the late 1960s.

After Amarr opened its first manufacturing facility in 1969, the company began supplying garage doors throughout the southeast. During the 70s and 80s, Amarr expanded its manufacturing capabilities into Alabama and Texas and eventually to a large steel door manufacturing facility near Kansas City .

The 1980s brought the introduction of Amarr Door Centers throughout the United States . This innovative distribution concept allowed dealers to have ready access to a complete inventory of quality Amarr products.

By the start of the new the millennium, Amarr became a national – and international – leader in the door access systems industry. Amarr’s roster of independent dealers grew to more than 3,000. The company also partnered with major retailers, including Costco Warehouses, Sam’s Club, and, under private label, Lowe’s Home Improvement and Sears, to offer a wider distribution of garage doors.

Today, Amarr had two manufacturing facilities in Lawrence, Kansas and Mocksville, North Carolina. The company also has a state-of-the-art research and development facility at its headquarters in Winston-Salem.  Amarr garage doors are made in the USA of imported and domestic components.

Amarr continues to be focused on offering high quality, beautifully designed, durable and safe door access systems – all while maintaining a solid foundation of values and principles.